Saudi Arabia Issues New Travel Advisory For International Travel. General Authority of Civil Aviation (GACA) of Saudi Arabia on Monday issued a latest travel advisory for international passengers traveling to Saudi Arabia.
The advisory has been issued after the country has resumed international flights from May 17, 2021. The ban on the existing 13 countries due to COVID 19 by Saudi Arabia continues to remain as such. The counties are India, Belarus, Turkey, Armenia, Somalia, Democratic Congo, Afghanistan, Venezuela, Libya, Syria, Lebanon, Yemen, Iran.
The new advisory issued by GACA several new procedures which are the following conditions:
Travel Advisory For International Passengers Travelling To Saudi Arabia
- The Tawakkalna application is a must to gain entry to all airports in the Kingdom.
- Travel is only allowed for the permitted categories in accordance with the requirements specified by the competent authorities.
- Entry to airports is restricted to those who carry travel tickets, except for those accompanying people with disabilities.
- It is necessary to ensure health requirements of the intended destinations are followed and all precautionary measures are adhered to.
- Travelers are requested to reach airports well in advance of their flights and to ensure that they are in good health before entering airport lounges.
- Travelers whose body temperature exceeds 38 degrees Celsius will be prevented from entering the airport.
- The use of electronic payment methods is encouraged in order to reduce the use of banknotes.
- Commitment to board planes according to seats allocated by airlines, and to apply physical distancing among fellow passengers.
- Aircrews and passengers inside planes must wear face masks and hand gloves throughout the flight and maintain social distancing as much as possible while providing meals and other services.
- Prayer areas in planes, if any, must be closed.
The updated advisory also mentions about the measures that are needed to be taken when there is a suspected COVID 19 positive case among the travelers. Some seats in flights are reserved as a quarantine area to deal with potential emergencies during the flight related to COVID 19 and also they are planning to appointing a crew member to deal with the patient and limit his movement as much as possible.
The luggage of the passengers will also be delivered according to the procedures mentioned in case of COVID 19 positive scenario and if the passenger is transferred to a hospital.