UAE Allows Entry of Expo 2020 Dubai Participants From 16 Countries
UAE has already imposed a ban on travelers from many countries and allow only limited categories of travelers to enter into the UAE.
Recently the country has allowed a new category of travelers to enter the UAE from 16 countries where passenger entry continues to remain suspended.
As per a circular issued by the UAE’s General Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA), Expo 2020 Dubai’s international participants, exhibitors, and personnel sponsored by the event’s organizers are allowed to enter the UAE from the countries in question.
In the circular issued on 22nd July, the GCAA also stated that flight and passenger restrictions from countries, including India, Pakistan, South Africa, and Indonesia, remain.
The other countries on the list include Afghanistan, Bangladesh, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Liberia, Namibia, Nepal, Nigeria, Uganda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, and Zambia.
IndiGo: Travel To UAE
India’s one of the best and low-cost flight carrier IndiGo has also announced that it will allow Expo 2020 International Participants and Expo 2020 Exhibitors and Personnel sponsored by Expo 2020 organizer.
However, they need to secure prior approval for travel which require;
- Copy of Passport
- UAE Visa/Expo 2020 Visa
- Emirates ID (If Available)
- IndiGo Ticket
The airline also claimed that a processing time of 7 working days will be required to process the above-mentioned documents and give approval for travel to UAE.
Who can travel to UAE?
According to the GCAA circular, the following categories of passengers can travel from restricted countries:
- Citizens of the UAE and their first-degree relatives.
- Diplomatic personnel between the UAE and the applicable countries, including the administrative workers.
- Official delegations, subject to obtaining prior approval.
- UAE residents with gold or silver residency permit.
- Expo 2020 international participants, Expo 2020 exhibitors and personnel sponsored by Expo 2020 organizer.
- Crews of cargo flights and transit flights of foreign companies.
- Businessmen and businesswomen, provided they hold an approval from the General Authority for the Security of Ports, Borders and Free Zones; and Heads of higher committees of the emergency, crisis and disaster management teams of the Emirate concerned.
- Employees belonging to vital functions according to the classification of the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship.
UAE Extends Travel Ban
As per the update from Emirates, travel ban is there till August 7 for Indian passengers and Etihad has banned indian flights till further notice.
In a tweet on Monday, Etihad Airline said, “We’ve just received confirmation that flights from India are suspended till the 2nd August, and we are not entirely sure if this will be extended as it depends on the authorities. You may not see availability on the website because of the schedule uncertainty.”