UAE Suspends Flights From India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka Until August 7, Says Emirates.
Emirates, the flagship carrier of UAE on Wednesday announced that it has suspended all flights from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka Until August 7, 2021. The extension of the ban will depend on the situation on August 7 in these countries.
Moreover, all passengers who have connected through or travelled via India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, or Sri Lanka in the last 14 days will not be allowed to travel from any other point to the UAE.
The announcement comes after the UAE’s General Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA) issued a directive and asked airlines to suspends all flights from the above-mentioned countries.
UAE Allows Entry of Expo 2020 Dubai Participants
Recently, the GCAA has issued a circular and allowed a new category of travelers, who are participating in the Expo 2020 Dubai, to enter the UAE from 16 countries where passenger entry continues to remain suspended.
As per a circular issued by the UAE’s General Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA), Expo 2020 Dubai’s international participants, exhibitors, and personnel sponsored by the event’s organizers are allowed to enter the UAE from the countries in question. Read more…UAE Allows Entry of Expo 2020 Dubai Participants From 16 Countries
In the circular issued on 22nd July, the GCAA also stated that flight and passenger restrictions from countries, including India, Pakistan, South Africa, and Indonesia, remain.
Other countries on the list include Afghanistan, Bangladesh, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Liberia, Namibia, Nepal, Nigeria, Uganda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, and Zambia.
Who can travel to UAE?
According to the GCAA circular, the following categories of passengers can travel from restricted countries:
- Citizens of the UAE and their first-degree relatives.
- Diplomatic personnel between the UAE and the applicable countries, including the administrative workers.
- Official delegations, subject to obtaining prior approval.
- UAE residents with gold or silver residency permit.
- Expo 2020 international participants, Expo 2020 exhibitors and personnel sponsored by Expo 2020 organizer.
- Crews of cargo flights and transit flights of foreign companies.
- Businessmen and businesswomen, provided they hold an approval from the General Authority for the Security of Ports, Borders and Free Zones; and Heads of higher committees of the emergency, crisis and disaster management teams of the Emirate concerned.
- Employees belonging to vital functions according to the classification of the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship.