Chief Minister of Goa Pramod Sawant has imposed a 15 day long strict curfew starting from today in Goa starting from morning of May 9, 2021.
The decision of strict curfew was announced on Friday (May 7, 2021) amidst the high number of rising Covid-19 cases in the state. The curfew is supposed to remain in force till 23rd May, 2021.
Below is the tweet by the Chief Minister of Goa :
The state government of Goa has also made it mandatory for travelers travelling to the state to carry a negative COVID-19 test report or a vaccination certificate.
During the curfew period all public events, wedding functions and gatherings are supposed to be banned in Goa.
Only the shops selling essential items, including grocery stores will be allowed to remain open from 7 am to 1 pm during the curfew. Pharmacies will also be functional, and restaurants will be allowed to stay open from 7 am to 7 pm during the curfew.
Goa Curfew: WHAT IS ALLOWED AND WHAT IS NOT?
- Pharmacies, grocery stores and standalone liquor shops are allowed to remain open from 7 am till 1 pm.
- Restaurants will be allowed to stay open from 7 am to 7 pm.
- All public events, weddings and gatherings are banned.
- Public transport will remain shut during the period.
- Tourist places like casinos, hotels, pubs will remain shut.
- The state borders to remain open for essential service transportation only.
- The hospitality sector and medical facilities will remain operational for the time being.
- There is no ban on the operation of insurance companies, banks, customs clearance, ATMs, microfinance institutions, industries
- Cinema halls, theaters, multiplexes, shopping malls and entertainment zones within the shopping malls, swimming pools will remain closed during the curfew period.
- Schools, colleges and other educational and coaching institutions will remain closed